Bringing nature back to life
Our focus is on producing a diverse range of premium products utilising the renewable resources of our orchard on a sustainable basis, sharing the orchard’s bounty with its environment, through the encouragement of Bio-Diversity, on a low carbon platform of good practice by:
- Working in harmony with the seasons.
- Creating log piles to encourage invertebrates and amphibians.
- Standing deadwood is untampered with wherever safe to do so.
- Leaving corridors of scrub and trees in their wild form, along with boundary hedgerows, so as to provide valuable habitat for wildlife.
- We do not use herbicides, pesticides, or external fertilizers.
- There is no tilling of the land.
- Low soil compaction
- Natural waste from fruit and wood processing is returned to the orchard floor as nutrients and mulch
- Sharing the orchard’s bounty with its natural residents